ABFF Ventures Presents: 2017 Documentary Feature Initiative
Submissions are now open for ABFF Venture's 2017 feature documentary competition.
The American Black Film Festival (ABFF) has partnered with Lightbox in search for diversity in documentary filmmaking.
For the past 21 years, ABFF has been deemed as the nation’s most prominent film festival, which recognizes and provides a platform for African American filmmakers. This collaboration will help to elevate unique perspectives and vision in the documentary space.
The competition is open to African American documentary filmmakers and those who are interested in exploring non-fiction stories or themes that express African-American experiences.
Three semi-finalists will be selected, followed by one winner who will receive the opportunity to enter a development deal with ABFF Films and Lightbox (Fall 2017).
Rules for Submission:
1. Open to African American documentary filmmakers and others interested in exploring non-fiction stories and themes that speak directly to the African-American experience.
2. Filmmakers must complete and submit the official entry form, downloadable from http://abffventures.com/films/, along with the following two items which complete a single "proposal."
3. Filmmakers may submit up to three (3) proposals each.
4. All film proposals must be wholly originated by the applicant and cannot have received any funding prior to submission.
5. Filmmakers must submit proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than July 30, 2017.
6. Three semi-finalists will be selected, followed by one winner who will receive the opportunity to enter a development deal with ABFF Films and Lightbox (Fall 2017).
Submission Deadline: July 30, 2017
Click for more information: http://abffventures.com/films/
NYWIFT programs, screenings and events are supported, in part, by grants from New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council, and New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.
Last updated: Aug. 1, 2017