NYWIFT Job Board
|Rooftop Films is seeking interns for Summer 2017. Founded in 1997, Rooftop Films is an innovative grassroots non-profit film festival based in Brooklyn, NY. Rooftop has grown to become one of NYC’s leading film organizations serving over 48,000 audience members. Our mission is to engage and inspire diverse communities by showing movies in outdoor locations, producing new films, and renting equipment and producing events at low-cost to artists, non-profits and community groups.|
A great opportunity for film, arts administration and nonprofit management students as well as young filmmakers: learn how a non-profit film festival works and see hundreds of great movies. We welcome students finishing their 1st year of college (or age equivalent) or above and all graduate students.
Internships are not paid, but can be done for school credit. Find out your school’s internship or field work credit requirements and we will work with you to accommodate them. Our offices are on the border of Park Slope and Gowanus, near the R, F and G trains in Brooklyn, so please apply only if you will be able to handle that commute.
Applications are due no later than April 14, 2017.
FESTIVAL INTERNSHIP (4 positions available):
Help with all aspects of planning and managing a non-profit film festival.
Internship tasks include:
Festival Marketing and Publicity
• Marketing, research, promotions and community outreach
• Research content for and help maintain social media for the 2017 Summer Series.
• Monitor film/entertainment sites for relevant social media/outreach content.
• Research and help liaison with partner organizations for outreach around screenings.
• Strategically research and contact press outlets.
• Coordinate and implement distribution of promotional materials in targeted communities.
Pre-Production and On-site Event Coordination
• Help organize film screenings (including in office prep and production)
• Assist with box office and merchandise sales
• Help coordinate volunteers
• Pre-screen programs of films
• Organize and maintain film databases
• Contacting, corresponding and hosting filmmakers
• Audio and video tech work
• Fundraising and development
• General office and festival work
• Anything else you might be interested in — we want you to see how we work
Candidates should have good experience working with Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) and experience with Filemaker, HTML, design programs or video editing software is a plus.
Festival Internship candidates would be expected to average at least two days a week in the office and one evening show per week, but generally the more time you can commit the better.
Start Date: May/June 2017
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are due no later than April 14, 2017. If you are interested, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Summer Internship” in the subject line of your email.
NO PHONE CALLS OR FOLLOW UP EMAILS PLEASE.
Receipt of applications will be acknowledged via email. Not all applicants will receive interviews.
Rooftop Films is an equal opportunity employer, and strongly encourages women and people of color to apply.