Sending your email/article to an existing mailing list
If you are satisfied with how your email looks by previewing it with the Preview Bulk Email link you are ready to send it. Follow these steps:
- Find the article you would like to send and edit it
- From the "Edit Article" screen click the Send as Bulk Email link
- In Step 1, choose one or more mailing lists that this should be sent to.
- In Step 2, give your email a subject line and a return email address. The return email address will receive any replys to the email as well as all of the un deliverables caused by incorrect email addresses. This email may receive many messages due to undeliverables. For this reason the default is set to be email@example.com. This can be changed, but you may not want to use your own email address.
- In Step 3, enter an email address where you would like to have a test email sent.
- Click the TEST>> button. An email will be sent to the test email address, and NOT sent to the entire mailing list yet. You will be brought to Step 4 and it will indicate who received the test email.
- Wait to receive the test email in your inbox. Look it over and make sure it is what you want. If you need to make changes to it you can click on the Return to Article link at any time to go back and make changes.
- In Step 4, we ask you to verify that the mailing lists chosen are correct. To change the mailing lists you have selected click the << Back button.
- In Step 5, asks you where you would like the completion notice sent, this defaults to the email address given for the test email.
Depending on how large your bulk emailing is it could take a while before the entire mailing is sent. When the last email in finally sent a completion notice will be emailed to this email address stating that the email has completed and indicating any problems that might have occurred in the process.
- When you are satisfied with everything indicated on this page click the Send! button and the physical process of sending the emails will begin.
- You will be brought to the Bulk Mailing History screen where you can view the history and progress of your mailings. Your current mailing will have a status of In Progress until it is done. You do not have to stay in this screen, or even leave your browser open. The mailing will go on behind the scenes and the Completion Notice will be sent when it is done.